Wednesday, June 14, 2006

OK time for an update


Yes it's been a long time...because I've frankly had nothing to say about my costumes. Although I did sew a nice black velvet dress for Chorus concerts and other performances and now Jeremy's sister wants me to sew a skirt for her so that's cool.

OK My costume list for Dragon*Con has been significantly revised. I'm going to do Bespin Leia (provided I can get all the embroidery done in time, if there's no chance in hell, I'm going to puffy paint it). I will also be doing X3 Phoenix/Jean Grey pictured to the left. Those are the only costumes I'm allowed to work on until they're finished! After that on my list are MoteƩ, Visas Marr, Orange X-Wing Pilot, Imperial Officer (black Stormtrooper officer). Not necessarily in that order because of fabric issues and prop issues for the officer and pilot.

At some point I'll get pictures of my black dress up...even if it's only on my dressform. I forgot to mention here a while ago that I've been working on a Professor McGonagall robe for a former boss/friend of mine...however it's a secret! Just waiting for a time where I can get in and put it on her so I can hem it LOL

In some other sewing related news, I've moved to a bigger and better apartment and have a sewing room! Obi-Wan is learning early on that he's NOT allowed in, although that doesn't stop him from trying or sneaking in (and then ends up getting locked in the room because I didn't realize he was in there...that DID teach him for a while).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home